PROVE THE VALUE
Five Signs O.R. Can Help
Here are five signs you can share with potential clients to help them understand if O.R. can help them.
- You face complex decisions. Are you faced with more decision factors than you can get your arms around? Do your key operational computer systems lack intelligence? O.R. professionals can analyze complex situations and build intelligence into key systems, so as to reveal the truly best options. But before you act, talk with an O.R. professional to confirm that taking an O.R. approach will pay dividends.
- You're having problems with processes. One or more of your processes is broken or needs to work a lot better. Many small, day-to-day decisions are not being made well, and it's having an impact on your bottom line. O.R. can help improve these processes and their outcomes dramatically.
- You're troubled by risk. Do you want to limit or reduce risk? Assessing the risk of a new project or contract can be tricky. O.R. can help you quantify risk, which is key to controlling it. O.R. professionals can assist you in planning how best to balance risk against the gain you expect.
- Your organization is not making the most of its data. Do you track information about your organization and have data that is begging to be used for decision making? O.R. specializes in working with data – extracting the most valuable information from what's currently collected, and showing what additional data you could collect to increase the value even further.
- You need to beat stiff competition. Others in your field are probably using O.R. to gain competitive advantage. Can you afford not to? An O.R. professional can help you stay on top with the latest methods – and open up important new sources of advantage.